"...I, the LORD your God, am a jealous God, punishing the children for the sin of the fathers to the third and fourth generation of those who hate me..." [Deuteronomy 5:8-10]

Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Sarah Palin *is* Rapture Ready

In previous posts, I've opined that Sarah Palin wasn't crazy... That her choice of church and her rapist-friendly stance on abortion were likely just political posturing. Only pathetic low-lifes with boring jobs actually believe in the rapture, I said.

It looks like I was wrong.

Pharyngula has a must-read report on a litany of Alaskan insiders lining up to dish the dirt on God's own VP candidate, including some eye-popping stuff from Salon:

"...Palin [was asked] if she truly believed in the End of Days, the doomsday scenario when the Messiah will return. "She looked in my eyes and said, 'Yes, I think I will see Jesus come back to earth in my lifetime.'"
Jesus frikkin' Christ on a bike.

There's lots more there about Palin pushing creationism, pissing off her constituents, and generally being an asshole. But don't take my word for it. Read it yourself.

Meanwhile, En Tequila point out that the lies pouring from John McCain's campaign team have gotten so blatant that even Fox News are outraged.

Wow. It really must be the End of Days.

Christians watch out! Cthulhu is coming and will eat you. Rexella Van Impe has more...



And finally... I've had quite a few hits from people looking for "what Rexella thinks of Sarah Palin". Well, I've been wondering about that myself... But as Rexella (and Jack's!) ministry is a non-profit religious outfit, and therefore forbidden from discussing politics. If anything changes and Rexella does express an opinion, you can be sure I'll report it here. For now, though, I think we can safely assume that Rexella hearts Sarah Palin.... Just as I heart Rexella :)

PTET

No comments: