"...I, the LORD your God, am a jealous God, punishing the children for the sin of the fathers to the third and fourth generation of those who hate me..." [Deuteronomy 5:8-10]

Saturday, August 16, 2008

Thinking is too hard. Therefore God Did It.

I'm not a regular blogger. I have little bursts here and there, but following the supposed "culture wars" as I do from time to time exposes me to so much stupid that after only a little while I feel like I'm going to assplode. I get all hot and botherered, angry and grumpy. Like a ginger in the sun, I can only take so much.

Case in point, Uncommon Descent, the home blog of Intelligent Design Creationism. Today we have Denyse O'Leary continuing her series on why "Intelligent Design Is Winning", explaining that science is too hard, and that means people can't understand it, and some things might not be explainable and that means God Did It.

Then Granville Sewell weighs in, with a post explaining that anyone who does not see the validity of ID must by have lost their minds. Immune to irony, logic and even apparently self-awareness, he opines:

"However strong may be the philosophical, psychological and religious reasons why many of our greatest minds reject ID, the argument for ID is still crystal clear to the unindoctrinated mind."
In short: Thinking is too hard. Therefore God Did It.

Must... Not... Read... Uncommon... Descent...

Elsewhere in Fundy Fantasy Land, my new favourite nutter-blog is the fabulously named The Moral Collapse Of America. It has just the right mix of whacko bizareness, breathtaking bigotry and unintentional(?) insights to make it indispensable reading.

While I'm in a blog-rolling mood, props to En Tequila Es Verdad for being without question the best blog in the world today, Letters From Exile for making depression-blogging more fun than you'd think, and Jenny Soep for art, music, tea and soup :)

PTET

1 comment:

Dana Hunter said...

Seriously? The best in the world?

I... well.... um.... aw, shucks.

That is, hands down, the most overwhelming compliment anyone's given my foul-mouthed little blog ever.

You made my night!

You've got a damned fine thing going here yourself, and I've just found another blog for my rounds. You'll be up on my blogroll as soon as I get a spare moment to update the bloody thing...