"...I, the LORD your God, am a jealous God, punishing the children for the sin of the fathers to the third and fourth generation of those who hate me..." [Deuteronomy 5:8-10]

Monday, August 18, 2008

Must... Not... Read... Denyse...

I don't want to blog about Denyse O'Leary, I really don't.

I could be writing about my niece's first day of pre-school, or the Brits' success in the Olympics, or how impressed I was with the Apple Store in Glasgow's swapping out my Macbook screen in only an hour. I could be enthusing about Debunking Christianity or Cute Overload...

But Denyse keeps writing, and I keep reading.

Today, she tells us "Darwinian evolution" is about to collapse. Again. Her reasons this time:-

(a) Scientific understanding keeps advancing in the light of new evidence

and

(b) Lots of people prefer to believe in young earth creationism

Wow.

Does she give us any evidence whatsoever in favour of Intelligent Design? Does she "fudge".

She does give us one pearl of wisdom:-

"...one should not write about big topics without basic research..."
I'll bear that in mind.

PTET

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That people don't like evolution and prefer YEC is totally a legitimate, valid scientific reason that YEC is correct. I also don't like my doctor's suggestion that I should get periodically screened for deadly diseases. So I won't. And I'm sure the diseases won't show up. Because I don't want them to!

Love your site! BUT. It's hard to get to your comments-making page... very odd....

ptet said...

Cheese Ames... I've changed my comment settings so things will hopefully be easier :)