"...I, the LORD your God, am a jealous God, punishing the children for the sin of the fathers to the third and fourth generation of those who hate me..." [Deuteronomy 5:8-10]

Friday, May 28, 2004

Posted to: IMDB "Saved!" Message Board

[A Christian writes:] Anyone who hates Christianity this much must surely know it is true, otherwise why would they be so angry? Perhaps because it infringes on their carnal desires?

I don't "hate Christianity". I do hate ignorance, bigotry and hypocrisy, three things which Fundamentalism of all flavours - religious and secular - show in abundance.

Just imagine, if Christianity was true, you wouldn't be allowed induldge in carnal lusts, such as sexual immorality. Doesn't that just boil your blood? If I was that in love with my sin, I would no doubt be attacking Christianity with such vitriol, too.

I don't worry myself with thousands-of-years old myths and sexual hang-ups - or ad hominem attacks from self-righteous bigots.

Since you do apparently believe in Christianity, you should perhaps worry yourself about the lies you insist upon repeating in post after post about what scientists and academics say about evolution, religion and the Bible.

Most Christians do not believe that the Bible is the final arbiter on matters of science. Most Christian scientists are happy to accept that the Earth is billions of years old, and that mankind has evolved though common descent.

You don't have to believe these things yourself, Kar202. What I object to is your continued denial of what others believe. The simple truth is that Fundamentalism *lies* about what others think and say.

Isn't that sinful? Isn't that wrong?

PTET

No comments: