"...I, the LORD your God, am a jealous God, punishing the children for the sin of the fathers to the third and fourth generation of those who hate me..." [Deuteronomy 5:8-10]

Friday, May 28, 2004

Posted to: IMDB "Saved!" Message Board

[A Christian writes:] If evolution was so safe, so true, so accepted by open minded individuals, I would have never became a creationist. I went to the public schools. I was indoctrinated in evolution along with every other student. I knew nothing about creationism. Furthermore, I was indoctrinated in the home: my father is a master geologist and subscribes to evolution. I loved dinosaurs as a kid and had the entire geologic timeline memorized, going back 4.5 billion years. I know evolutionary history quite well, I understand how it supposedly works. When I encountered certain problems, however, such as information theory, I began to research with an open mind and found that, indeed, evolution has many flaws.

You think so? How on Earth does that justify your blatant and repeated lies about what scientists as a whole think about evolution?

Atheism is built on naturalism, which is a philosophy with its own assumptions. Take any entry level social science course and you will understand this.

Again with the lies! Did some part of your brain just switch off when you became a Fundamentalist? Will you accept and state openly that most Christian scientists accept evolution as science teaches?

Anyway, appealing to talk.origins is hardly respectable, so let's forget the linking.

Again with the ad hominems! You have never provided any reason for your disdain for TalkOrigins. Since it merely reflects overwhelming scientific opinion, I can only think that it causes so much trauma to your world-view that you can't cope with it.

If you want to debate a specific point in the CvE controversey, please ask. Email me at w00tw00thaha@hotmail.com or start a new thread. I really am not so much interested in feeling "right" for my own glory as I am simply sharing Christ with you, because Christ gave me a joy that carnal pleasures could never provide.

Thanks for the offer, but I think you need to work out your sexual hang-ups for yourself.

PTET

No comments: